Proudly serving
all 50 states

Toll free in the U. S.:

HomeOur servicesEmbassy Legalization

Embassy Legalization

Legalization of U.S. documents in a foreign Embassy/Consulate for use in a foreign country

Do you have a document issued in the United States of America that is going to a foreign country and needs to be legalized by this foreign country's Embassy or a Consulate in the USA? 

Then "Global Apostille" can assist you in legalizing your documents through Consulate and Embassy offices in the U.S.

Examples of documents, which are often requested to be legalized:

  • Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
  • Divorce Decree
  • Criminal Background Checks
  • Transcripts and Diploma Certificates
  • Corporate Documents
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Affidavits
  • Driver License or Passport copies
  • Other Miscellaneous Documents

Follow these simple steps and we will help you legalize your document:

Step 1. Details about your document:

   - Is the document an original or a certified copy? 

   - If yes, then go to Step 2.

   - If no, you will have to obtain an original or a certified copy to continue this process.

Step 2. Where was the document issued?

   - Was the document issued by the U.S. Federal government? 

   - If yes, then go to Step 3.

   - If no, then:

      - Is it a corporate or a personal document that is signed and notarized by a licensed notary public and has an apostille or certification from the U.S.?

           - If yes, then go to Step 3.

           - If no, then you will need to have the document signed and make sure it is notarized by a licensed notary public and have an apostille or certification. Follow instructions on the U.S. Apostille page.

   - Was it issued by one of the 50 U.S. States or by the District of Columbia (has an official stamp/seal)?

      - If yes, then go to  U.S. Apostille page.

Step 3. Country of destination:

Is the country where the document will be used included in this list?

   - If yes, then your document will require an apostille. Go to Step 4 and follow instructions.

   - If the country is NOT on this list, then

      - Does your document have a U.S. Secretary of State certification? 

         - If yes, then go to Step 4.

         - If no, then please follow instructions on the Certification page to continue.

   - If you are not sure, please go to Step 6.

Step 4. Review of documents:

Before mailing us your documents, please send them to us by uploading them on the contact form so we can review them and provide you the total cost estimate and the approximate processing time (you can also view our rates and the estimated processing time on the Rates page).

Step 5. Prepare the Apostille/Authentication Request Form:

1) Download the Apostille/Authentication Request Form here.

2) Print and complete the form following instructions provided on how to submit the payment and mail us all the required documents.

3) Please make sure to indicate what type of certification/legalization is needed from the Consulate/Embassy? You will need to find out from the foreign authority that is requesting legalization document what exactly is needed.

Once we receive your documents, we will contact you by email/phone you provided with receipt confirmation and in case we have additional questions. 

Step 6. Contact us:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us during business hours 9 AM - 5 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday:

  • by telephone: 770-447-0360
  • by fax: 770-447-0790
  • by using the web form to send us a message or by visiting Contact Us page.
Get your apostille today

Upload your file

Download Apostille
Request Form
"I highly recommend Global Apostille. They take on the daunting responsibility of the apostille documents process and simplify it for their clients. They give you the cost upfront and there are no hidden charges. The communication is excellent. Any question you have will be answered in a timely manner. And their follow up with me was much appreciated."
Anita S.
"Global Apostille are professionals when it comes to taking care of legalizing documents (in my case it was petition for name change for my child)."
Julia D.
"I have received the birth certificate with the apostille. You service was very good, efficient, good communication and faster than I expected."
Alexandra L.
London, UK

Apostille from anywhere in the U.S.