Proudly serving
all 50 states

Toll free in the U. S.:

HomeAbout UsBlogApostille on Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage

Apostille on Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage

Do you need to get the Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage apostilled?

Do you intend to get married in another country and have been told to provide a Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage?

A Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage is an official document certifying that the City Clerk’s Office has no information that would impede you from getting a Marriage License.  If you are getting married in another country, you will be required to have a Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage.

Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage is also referred to by some countries and County Clerk office in the U.S. as:

  • Affidavit of Single Status
  • Affidavit of Marriageability
  • Certificate of Freedom to Marry
  • Certificate of No Record – Marriage
  • Certificate of No Public Record
  • No Record of Marriage
  • Single Status Affidavit

In the United States, the most common name for this document is a Single Status Affidavit.

Start by contacting your local County Clerk’s office and request a document that states you are currently not married (Affidavit of Single Status).  Some County Clerk offices refer to this document as a “No Record of Marriage” instead of an “Affidavit of Single Status”. All County Clerk offices have templates of this document, so request to speak to a supervisor if you are denied a template. A document issued by the County Clerk’s office does not need to be notarized.

In rare instances, when the County Clerk is unable to help you and you are based are in the United States, you can write a Single Status Affidavit yourself.  You can find samples of this document online. In short, a Single Status Affidavit is your sworn statement stating that you are not currently married to another person in the United States.  This document must be signed and notarized by a notary public, before it is mailed to our office. Also, check with the people/country requesting your Affidavit of Single Status if they accept an affidavit directly from you.

In the event you are outside of the United States, the local US Embassy or US Consulate office should be able to assist you with obtaining, signing, and notarizing an Affidavit of Single Status. 

Please note, if you have been divorced in the United States, you will also be required to obtain an apostille on your divorce decree.

Obtaining an apostille can be intricate. Avoid leaving this task for inexperienced staff or non-professionals who are not fully aware of the complexities of the apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries. Your application may be rejected, and you lose time and money. Make a better choice!

Our experts are available Monday through Saturday from 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM. Please call us at 1-770-447-0360 and we will answer all your questions and offer easy to follow detailed instructions. 

Get your apostille today

Upload your file

Download Apostille
Request Form
"Global Apostille has a fast and reliable service, what surprised us the most was the great communication they had with us, from our first questions, to prompt notifications of receiving and sending the document back to us. We will surely keep working with them from now on!"
Andre Moya, Phoenix Investments HN
La Ceiba, Honduras
"I just wanted to let you know I received the DHL package with the apostille documents in superb condition, with everything neatly organized. Wow, what an amazing job- thank you so much!"
Jack Okorn
Doha, Qatar
"Global Apostille are professionals when it comes to taking care of legalizing documents (in my case it was petition for name change for my child)."
Julia D.

Apostille from anywhere
in the U.S.