Proudly serving
all 50 states

Toll free in the U. S.:

HomeAbout UsBlogDo you require an Apostille on a Certificate of No Record of Marriage?

Do you require an Apostille on a Certificate of No Record of Marriage?

In the USA, a Certificate of No Record of Marriage is also commonly referred to as a Single Status Affidavit.

You will need an apostilled Certificate of No Record of Marriage if you plan to get married in a foreign country, a member of the Hague Apostille Convention.  Some countries also ask for the Certificate of No Record of Marriage for employment. 

Certificate of No Record of Marriage is also referred to as the following:

  • Affidavit of Single Status
  • Affidavit of Marriageability
  • Certificate of Freedom to Marry
  • Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
  • Certificate of No Public Record 
  • No Record of Marriage

You can write Single Status Affidavit yourself but check with the local County Clerk’s office first. They should have a form that you can use and just include your personal information in it. Usually, Single Status Affidavit should contain your full name, your address, date, and place of birth, nationality, passport information, and a statement that you are currently single, never been married or divorced. 

Start by contacting your local County Clerk’s office and request a document that states you are currently not married (Affidavit of Single Status).  Some County Clerk offices refer to this document as a “No Record of Marriage” instead of an “Affidavit of Single Status”.   All County Clerk offices have templates of this document, so request to speak to a supervisor if you are denied a template.  A document issued by the County Clerk’s office does not need to be notarized.

In rare instances, when the County Clerk is unable to help you and you are based in the United States, you can write Single Status Affidavit yourself.  You can find samples of this document online. In short, a Single Status Affidavit is your sworn statement stating that you are not currently married to another person in the United States.  This document must be signed and notarized by a notary public before it is mailed to our office. Also, check with the people/country requesting your Affidavit of Single Status if they accept an affidavit directly from you.

In the event you are outside of the United States, the local US Embassy or US Consulate office should be able to assist you with obtaining, signing, and notarizing an Affidavit of Single Status. 

Obtaining an apostille can be intricate. Avoid leaving this task for inexperienced staff or non-professionals who are not fully aware of the complexities of the apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries. Your application may be rejected, and you lose time and money. Make a better choice!

Our experts are available Monday through Saturday from 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM. Please call us at 1-770-447-0360 and we will answer all your questions and offer easy to follow detailed instructions.

Get your apostille today

Upload your file

Download Apostille
Request Form
"I own a small business and had to legalize Certificates of Free Sale required in a foreign country. I had no idea where to start with this process and contacted Global Apostille for help."
Boris Gorinshteyn, Small business owner
Dunwoody, GA, USA
"I have received the birth certificate with the apostille. You service was very good, efficient, good communication and faster than I expected."
Alexandra L.
London, UK
"Global Apostille has a fast and reliable service, what surprised us the most was the great communication they had with us, from our first questions, to prompt notifications of receiving and sending the document back to us. We will surely keep working with them from now on!"
Andre Moya, Phoenix Investments HN
La Ceiba, Honduras

Apostille from anywhere
in the U.S.